|BRIGADIER GENERAL MARY HIGLEY HITTMEIER|
Brig. Gen. Mary Higley Hittmeier serves as mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. The Air Force Recruiting Service's 2,600 Airmen and civilians are organized into a headquarters staff, three recruiting groups and 27 recruiting squadrons, operating more than 1,200 recruiting offices across the United States and abroad. The Air Force Recruiting Service is responsible for all enlisted accessions and a variety of officer accessions. It also directs strategic marketing for the U.S. Air Force.
General Hittmeier was commissioned through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at St. Michael's College, Winooski, Vt., in 1983. General Hittmeier served six years on active duty prior to entering the Air Force Reserve in 1990. She has held a variety of positions in the financial, personnel and political-military affairs career fields, has directed operations at an Air Force Audit Agency Area Audit Office, commanded a mission support squadron, served as the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the commander of a group equivalent and served staff tours at the Air Staff and Secretariat levels.
1983 Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration, St. Michael's College, Winooski, Vt.
1986 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1987 Master of Business Administration degree, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rutherford, N.J.
1988 Squadron Officer School, in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Air War College, in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Psychology, Capella University, Minneapolis, Minn.
2009 Enterprise Business Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
2009 Senior Executive Fellows, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2012 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1983 - October 1984, Audit Officer, Air Force Audit Agency, Homestead AFB, Fla.
2. October 1984 - October 1986, Audit Team Lead, Air Force Audit Agency, Royal Air Force, Upper Heyford, United Kingdom
3. November 1986 - November 1987, Audit Team Lead and Liaison Officer Air Force Audit Agency, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. November 1987 - March 1990, Chief, Area Audit Office, Air Force Audit Agency,
Cannon AFB, N.M.
5. April 1990 - December 1998, Personnel Programs Officer, 434th Mission Support Squadron, Grissom Air Reserve Base, Ind.
6. January 1998 - September 1999, Commander, 434th Mission Support Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
7. September 1999 - September 2001, Assistant Deputy Division Chief, Saudi Arabia Division, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, Washington, D.C.
8. September 2001 - June 2003, Chief, International Programs Integration, Armament Cooperation Division, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, Washington, D.C. and Senior Reserve Advisor to the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2003 - June 2004, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2004 - April, 2008, individual mobilization augmentee to the Commander, Ira Eaker College for Professional Development, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. April 2008 - September 2008, Assistant to the Director, Air Force Strategic Planning, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Programs, headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. September 2008 - March 2011, mobilization assistant to the Director, Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. March 2011- present, Mobilization Assistant (MA) to the Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with "M" device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 30, 1983
First Lieutenant July 30, 1985
Captain July 30, 1987
Major May 14, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Sept.13, 2001
Colonel Feb. 21, 2005
Brigadier General Jan. 1, 2013
(Current as of February 2013)